Abby turned 2 on June 4th and I like to do a birthday post for each one of my kids birthdays and I am finally getting around to Abby's special birthday post. Looking back on the day she was born a few things stand out in my mind. She was a scheduled cesarean so I know it was a Wednesday because that is the day Dr. Ainsworth, our doctor does C- sections. We didn't know if she was a boy or a girl and we only had a boy name picked out which was Christopher Ian after my nephew Chris, Leah's son and of course Ian. The anesthesiologist was named Christopher so he was really rooting for a boy. When you have a c-section there is a big sheet between your head and stomach probably to keep you from freaking out but you can actually feel all the pulling and tugging that is going on. Really it is quite a strange experience. When they were pulling Abby out, one of the nurses said, "oh it looks like a football player.........no it's a cheerleader." And she was here all 9.4 lbs of her. I was so happy to get a sister for Grace. I was really wanting to name here Ruby before she was born, but Ian would never agree to it, thankfully because she has turned out to be a red head. My dad had been doing lots of genealogy and there were all kinds of Abigails and that just seemed right so we went with Abigail Kathryn as her name. Now she is Abby and every so often Abs and Aunt Leah throws in a Gail to mix things up here and there.
There are some definite thing I adore about Abby
Her crazy curly red hair, sometimes in the morning before it has been wet and brushed, it cracks me up.
Her big brown eyes that she talks with sometimes, it's hard to explain but she does this kind of blinking thing that is so cute.
She wants to do things herself, I often hear,"Abby do it" from her and she usually surprises me with all she can do. You have to love independance.
She loves to give hugs and usually will greet people she knows well with a big hug.
She is tough, it seems since she broke her arm and then was in the hospital with an IV and all the needle pokes there, that all the day to day ouches don't bug her a bit.
It is so fun to hear her learning to talk and all the funny things she does. I'm thankful the Lord trusted me to have her. I know I fall short as a mom so often but truly there is nothing else I would rather be than a mom.
Happy Late B-day my little red caboose.
2 comments:
I sure love her!
I hope my little girl comes out with Abby's hair!!!
Post a Comment