Sunday, November 23, 2008

Preschool at the Fire Station

Bradford was dressed for the occasion.



We had a tour of Fire Station 1, here in Yuba City. The kids had a lot of fun and Fireman Jans was so great lifting all 10 kids into the fire engine. Some things I learned about fire safety that I didn't know were, 1. the best thing to do if you have a grease fire is just cover it with a lid if possible, baking soda works but sometimes can be combustible, same with flour. 2. you need to replace your fire extinguisher every couple of years, it's content settle over time and won't work when you need it if it has sat around too long. 3. You should have a family practice once a year and be sure to have a meeting place so you will be able to know who has made it out of your home safe in case of a fire.

2 comments:

AaronTara said...

This looks like it was really fun. Our library here is connected to both the police station and the fire station. Every time we go the girls want to look at the fire trucks. I'm hoping to get a group together to go for a tour sometime. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Amy Collins said...

This makes me miss the days of doing preschool at home. I think I will definately be ready when it's time to start with Cambree. I'm sure Bradford loved the firetrucks!!!