Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween 2009




Halloween was a lot of fun this year. We just made our costumes or went with stuff we had which I really liked even though it made a bit more work it turned out fun. Ivan was Jack from Jack in the Box, Ammon was Wolverine for the church party but decided to be a Ninja on Halloween, Grace was a beautiful Pumpkin Fairy, Bradford was Mickey Mouse at the church party but a Blue Power Ranger on Halloween(I liked the Mickey Mouse costume better) and Abby was Raggedy Ann. We actually didn't get that much candy which is really nice. In fact I think most of it is gone. I'm not the kind of mom who just gives them one a day, I figure I'd rather get it over with so for a couple of days they go nuts and we try to make sure we brush teeth and then it's over. We also did something this year that I'm sure will become a tradition. We made caramel apples. I volunteered to do it for the boys classes, I have never made them before with making my own caramel, but how hard could it be right? Let's just say I ruined two batches and ended up making over 120 apples which by the way I hand picked from the apple tree here the night before. I was up until 3am which was nuts but I think I can make a pretty decent caramel apple now. I don't think I will volunteer to do it for the kids classes again, probably just some family and friends for Halloween. Growing up our neighbors (the Parades) were bakers and we loved that he gave out doughnuts on halloween night. Sometimes they were still warm and the morning after we always got any leftovers. It is my favorite halloween memory, so I think caramel apples will hopefully become my kids.

2 comments:

Aaron and Michelle said...

I love the costumes! Abigail is soooo cute! You are just like mom... you always do so much. We are sorry we didn't get to see you all in person for Halloween.

Marie said...

You are amazing with the caramel apples! The kids costumes look great, Grace is becoming such a beautiful little girl. My fav. is the Jack costume, it looks perfect!