So two and a half weeks ago our sweet Abby feel off the edge of the trampoline and broke her arm. I totally hate saying that because it sounds like we just let our 1 and a half year old on the trampoline, which would be idiotic, but she got put up there and within a matter of seconds fell off and I immediatly knew her arm was broken. At first being home without Ian and having all five kids there I was in a bit of a panic and couldn't think what to do. I called Ian and he told me to take newspaper to make a splint and wrap it with tape. I didn't know how I would do this since I was both holding her and holding her arm to keep it straight (it was very bent and bad). After getting off the phone I said to the kids,"let's say a prayer." It was so sweet to hear Ivan say,"I already did." We said one together then it was amazing that I was able to think clearer and order the kids around to get the things that we needed and they actually listened. I took newspaper folded it to make the splint then remembered we had an ACE bandage in the cabinent and was able to wrap it up good. We loaded up in the car and were able to drive to Yuba City, (about 40 minutes away) the whole time me saying to Grace,"are her fingers turning purple?" With her response of "I don't think so." Abby was actually very calm during the drive. Which on the way we saw a car flipped on it's side and Bev Ellyson from our ward climbing out, Craziness, she's fine.
Abby wore a big cast munster thing for two weeks until the swelling went down then Thursday she got her beautiful puple cast. Don't let her smile fool you, she went absolutly balistic when they were putting it on. She got one cast put on then before it was able to set up she pulled it half way off, had to get it sawed off and start all over. It took Ian, 2 doctors and I to hold her and get that cast on, she is one strong little girl. She finally calmed down when I got her in the car and she feel asleep. The picture is of her that night, all smiles. They said she'll only need it 2 and a half more weeks, the human body is amazing. Both bones in her arm were broken, one all the way through and one cracked so we are hoping and praying that it heals right and in 2weeks we get it off and never have to go through that again. Maybe I should have titled this Tough Abby.
4 comments:
Oh my! I'm so glad she's doing better. She does look cute with her stylin' cast. I hope it heals quickly.
She is just so cute with her cast on!! Glad she is ok though, and hopefully this isn't the start of a new trend for her!!
Abby will always have a great story with that one. She is definately a tough little one... she definately is a cutie too!
That's not idiotic. I totally let Emily on the trampoline when she was only 1 1/2 but we have a net enclosure on the top and I made Robert build some really sturdy wooden steps so the kids could get on and off easily. They still fall off though, it must have just been a weird fall. You're a good mom to let your kids play outside:) She'll have a cool story to tell when she's older.
Post a Comment