Friday, September 19, 2008

Story Time.......

By the time bedtime comes at our house I am often past my point of sanity. I've never been great at getting the kids to bed but our routine is generally this..... we get pajamas on, read from the Book of Mormon, say family prayer then brush teeth and to bed it is. Well there are always those last minute pleas of drinks, songs and stories. Tonight was no different as I listened to Ian walk Grace down the hall, she asked for a story, he replied," you ever heard the one about Fat and Skinny?" It dawned on me that I have been telling my children that story that was told to me soooooo many times as a child. I remember hearing it nearly every night, which probably means I would ask for stories too. Perhaps someday my children will tell the story of Fat and Skinny to their kids. I'm also wondering if any of my siblings have carried on the tradition of Fat and Skinny? The story goes like this, "Fat and Skinny went to bed, Fat rolled over and Skinny was dead." And that's it!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I think I am past the point of sanity by about 3:06 when kids get home from school and start begging for drinks, snacks, and friends to come over. At least you make it to bedtime!!!

Aaron and Michelle said...

I always remembered that story but never realized until now how clever that is! Christian is now asking for stories about us or other family members. If I gain a few more pounds that story could be a reality! HA HA!