When I was a kid my dad had a song that we would listen to constantly called "Domestic Life" by John Connelly, and in it he sings, "oh I dream about Mexico, where all the pretty people go, but we're on a budget that just won't budge, not much money but a whole lot of love." I think of that every year when we get to go to Mexico, how very blessed we are to have parents that pay for our resort that we stay at..... all we pay for is our airplane ticket and food, otherwise it would be impossible to go on this yearly vacation. We hadn't planned on going this year, but it really is a special time for Ian and I that it has become a priority. (Thanks to all who watched our kids.)I'm also reminded how my dad's first trip to Mexico was about 20 years ago when he was in his 50's and how long he waited to get to do fun stuff like this. I guess I just feel very spoiled. This year we went to Puerta Vallarta instead of our usual Cabo. The thing I liked the most was I wasn't pregnant or didn't bring a nursing baby, that has been the case often the last 6 years. The thing I missed the most about Cabo was the little hamburger stand that we often frequent on our walk to town in Cabo. I must say I definitely prefer Cabo. Anyway I didn't get many pictures at all, things are different when you don't have your kids around. But here are a few.
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Oh I dream about Mexico....
When I was a kid my dad had a song that we would listen to constantly called "Domestic Life" by John Connelly, and in it he sings, "oh I dream about Mexico, where all the pretty people go, but we're on a budget that just won't budge, not much money but a whole lot of love." I think of that every year when we get to go to Mexico, how very blessed we are to have parents that pay for our resort that we stay at..... all we pay for is our airplane ticket and food, otherwise it would be impossible to go on this yearly vacation. We hadn't planned on going this year, but it really is a special time for Ian and I that it has become a priority. (Thanks to all who watched our kids.)I'm also reminded how my dad's first trip to Mexico was about 20 years ago when he was in his 50's and how long he waited to get to do fun stuff like this. I guess I just feel very spoiled. This year we went to Puerta Vallarta instead of our usual Cabo. The thing I liked the most was I wasn't pregnant or didn't bring a nursing baby, that has been the case often the last 6 years. The thing I missed the most about Cabo was the little hamburger stand that we often frequent on our walk to town in Cabo. I must say I definitely prefer Cabo. Anyway I didn't get many pictures at all, things are different when you don't have your kids around. But here are a few.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't wait for next year!!! I missed it so much.
That looks amazing! I'm in the same state of shock without being pregnant or nursing a baby anymore. It's a whole new world.
Post a Comment